Interact is Rotary International’s service club for young people ages 14 to 18. Interact clubs are sponsored by individual Rotary clubs, which provide support and guidance, but they are self-governing and self-supporting.
Club membership varies greatly. Clubs can be single gender or mixed, large or small. They can draw from the student body of a single school or from two or more schools in the same community.
Each year, Interact clubs complete at least two community service projects, one of which furthers international understanding and goodwill.
Through these efforts, students develop a network of friendships with local and overseas clubs and learn the importance of:
GOALS OF INTERACT:
- Developing leadership skills and personal integrity
- Demonstrating thoughtfulness, helpfulness and respect for others
- Respect the rights of others and their individuality
- Understanding the value of individual responsibility (personal success, community improvement, and group achievement) and hard work
- Develop life skills including self development, time management, and personal finances.
- Advancing international understanding and goodwill
- As one of the most significant and fastest-growing programs of Rotary service, with more than 10,700 clubs in 109 countries and geographical areas, Interact has become a worldwide phenomenon. Almost 200,000 young people are involved in Interact.
SPONSOR: We (LHS INTERACT) are sponsored by the local Lake Elsinore Rotary Club.
THE CLUB SPONSOR/ADVISOR IS MS. VALERIE GEASON.
MEETING TIME AND PLACE: VIRTUAL ONLINE- TIME TBA