In Spanish 2, we focus on the development of communicative competence in the target language. Listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills are emphasized in the target language. During this course, students will move into the intermediate level of proficiency by expressing their own thoughts and interacting with others.
- Students will have several projects both oral and written to create presentations using Spanish. (both in-class and out of class assignments)
- Students will also use workbooks / in-class journals which are provided to reinforce their listening and writing skills.
- Throughout the course, students will be engaging with authentic Spanish materials to support topics covered.
- Everyday drills and activities will be conducted in Spanish. English will continued to be used to give clarity to instructional topics and complex materials. (75% Spanish/25% English)
- In order to accommodate all learning styles, grammar will be taught using various methods, as well as, visually through examples and videos, also in context of the material covered.
An additional objective of this course is to develop an understanding and appreciation of Spanish speakers and their culture and civilizations.