Take College Classes for FREE while in High School!
High School Student Enrollment Information
If you’d like to get a jump on your college education, Mt. San Jacinto College can provide you the opportunity to begin your college education while completing your high school diploma. MSJC’s Concurrent Enrollment program will give you a head start on your chosen major or vocational program. However, because you remain primarily a high school student, you must follow a set of guidelines and meet specific qualifications before you’re able to enroll as a special admit student.
Student guidelines are available below. Meeting the criteria does not necessarily guarantee admission. All qualified and eligible students are encouraged to apply and will be individually evaluated before being accepted to MSJC.
Concurrent enrollment students:
- Are a junior (grade 11) or senior (grade 12) in high school*
- Follow the matriculation guidelines and processes: complete the MSJC application for admission, online orientation, and assessments, receiving scores indicative of the ability to benefit from college-level coursework
- Have a cumulative 3.0 GPA in academic courses verified by official high school transcripts
- Have a recommendation by their high school principal via signature
- Have the endorsement of their Parent or Guardian via signature
- Have completed the MSJC School/Parent Agreement form
* The High School Concurrent Enrollment Packet below contains a list of Frequently Asked Questions, a Checklist, and the School/Parent Agreement Form.
Concurrent Enrollment Packet
Please contact Ms. Geason if you have any questions!